Content of the Article
Over the years, a lack of exercise leads to an essential loss of flexibility. For this reason, we must take care to support our diligent body, something we will achieve by doing a series of exercises to work on flexibility at home or in the gym.
Exercises do not have a high level of demand and allow us to sustain the elasticity necessary to have a good quality of life and progress our performance. In fact, flexibility is defined as the ability of the muscles to stretch when a joint is moved, holding the specific peculiarities for each joint. This flexibility depends on factors such as sex, age or the length of time we have been training, and its loss can cause great inconvenience to perform certain anatomical movements.
Exercises to work on flexibility
With a simple exercise program to work the flexibility of the muscles we can achieve the desired state of toning. To do this, we proceed to explain how to work on flexibility in any sport with this series of exercises.
- Exercise to work the lower back. We must lie on our backs and lift one leg to a right angle. Then we bend the knee and gently bring it to the chest, hugging it with our arms to exert more pressure. We hold the situation for twenty-thirty seconds and repeat the exercise with both legs.
- Exercise to work the legs and thighs. We sat in a chair with our backs straight and our feet on the floor together. We rest our arms on both sides of the chair, breathe in, and slowly lift one leg up to parallel to the ground as we breathe out. Maintain this situation for 2 seconds and then lower your leg back to its original position. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Exercise to work on neck flexibility. We move our head slowly from one side to the other, face to face, and then from the front to the back. It is essential not to make sharp turns to avoid injury. We can do this movement multiple times a day.
- Exercise to work the shoulders and chest. We stand up and let our arms drop. Slowly raise the arms to form a cross and move them in a circular motion, slowly and in both directions.
- Exercise to thrive in the lumbar region. We stand in front of the wall, one foot in front of the other. We lean both hands against the wall, dropping all the weight of the body on them. We're going to see some tension in the back of the leg we left behind. Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
- Exercise to work the back and hip. We put one arm on the wall and bend the other leg, holding the foot with one hand and pushing gently. We repeat the process with the other leg.
To achieve good results we must carry out these exercises over twenty-thirty seconds and a minimum of a couple of times a week. It is preferable to perform without weights and with slow movements, taking advantage of the moments when the muscles are more relaxed.
More exercises to improve your flexibility
Main benefits of working the flexibility
Did you know that having more flexibility in your muscles can bring you a lot of benefits and why is it essential to work on flexibility in running or other sports? You will be able to gain flexibility as long as you are ready to do so, since relaxing the body also relaxes the psyche. Let's look at some of the benefits of being flexible are the following:
- Reduced risk of muscle and joint injuries
- Sports Performance Enhancement
- Improved motor coordination
- Prevents postural inconveniences
- Helps mental relaxation, reducing stress
- Contributes to bone healing in the event of fractures
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces menstrual cramps in women