9 reasons to keep a training diary
Are you interested in registering your workouts? Maybe you haven’t thought about it yet. More is more than recommended. In the article we will give you the best reasons to keep a training diary and thus review the relevance of keeping track at the time of starting in the gym or doing a sporting activity.
If you want to lose weight, be fit and have a healthy life, 2 essential pillars are what you must take into consideration. One, eat a balanced diet and the second train at home or at the gym. If you’re wondering how you can keep track of your training, the answer is easy, with a training notebook. What is a training diary and what are the reasons for having a training diary that every athlete should know, we’ll tell you now.
How can a training notebook assist you?
Find motivating sentences to practice your favorite sport and take advantage of every advantage to keep a training diary. Ready?
- Measure sports performance: writing down the most interesting facts about your physical activity will help you keep a loyal record of your evolution and performance. It is customary to remember the records or the best brands, but not the worst or the failures that have led us to that result.
- It’s a huge ally: one of the reasons to keep a training diary in each and every one of your crossfit classes or every time you go for a run is a great idea to capture the results and improve the technique.
- It serves to supervise the physical load and to reflect: it is a tool that apart from examining will teach you to supervise your physical activity, avoiding in this way the overtraining. In addition to this, you will understand each of the trainings as you stand to meditate on them and what other factors of your every day influence the sport.
- Increases self-esteem: one of the advantages of having a training notebook, and for this reason they have great athletes, is that it raises your self-esteem. Your self-esteem and motivation will increase as you train.
- It’s an analysis and planning tool: a training notebook, among many other things will help you examine your strengths and weaknesses in order to thrive. And you’ll find factors that will influence the results. To give you an example, if one day you’ve recorded that your sleep hours are lower, your performance is likely to decrease as well.
- Increase your level of involvement: apologizing for not going to the gym will no longer serve you, we warn you that having a training diary with goals and objectives will increase your motivation and responsibility.
- Prevent injuries: One of the advantages of keeping a training diary is that you can prevent sports injuries and also identify the cause. Being able to see which activity or exercise affects negatively, another training plan that avoids this exercise can be proposed.
- Improve communication: if you have a personal trainer, your communication with him will be more fluid.
- It serves to warn patterns: another of the reasons for having a training diary is that it will help to identify patterns, by putting hours of sleep, oppression or other circumstances we can better know how our body is progressing.
These are the nine best reasons to keep a training diary, remember that you have to know that they do not guarantee that progress day after day, if you do not have perseverance and the most essential win. Ready to value your training?