Give yourself a healthy treat with low sugar Christmas pancakes
Would you be happy if we could tell you that there is a recipe that can save your Christmas candy? We really think so, since there are times when temptation can be stronger than your psyche and can lead you to eat something you don’t really want.
This is a recipe for completely protein and exquisite pancakes, which we are sure you will be the one to envy the rest.
It will be their nutritional levels that will make you decide to cook them last. Just tell you that they have half the calories of the traditional recipe and exactly the same taste or even better. We talked about five hundred and nine kcal for seven delicious pancakes. If this is not a big enough reason, the nutritional levels will be.
Nutritional levels of RDI (recommended daily intake):
- 61 percent Fiber
- 75 percent protein
- 31 percent fat
- 63 percent iron
- 7 percent vitamin k
They only have natural ingredients, only healthy calories so they won’t harm your fitness. So let the holidays begin and welcome Christmas as you deserve!
- 1 large banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour (¼ cup)
- 4 tablespoons raspberries (¼ cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Ingredients of the filling
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- ½ spoonful of water
Step 1: Preparation of the pancakes
- Let’s start by crushing the raspberries, in case they are frozen, put them in the microwave for thirty seconds. Once thawed, mix them well until they become puree.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients: banana, egg white, coconut flour and olive oil. Mix for 1 minute or until ingredients are fully integrated. If it is too compact, add a little more raspberries and mix them together, but if it is too liquid, add a few tablespoons of coconut flour.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. You will have to cook each pancake for two minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Tip: You can replace the coconut flour with rice flour or oatmeal, but you only have to take into account that with almond flour the mixture will be poorly hydrated.
Step 2: Preparation of the cream
- What you should do first is buy a can of coconut milk and put it in the fridge for at least eight hours or better for the night. This will remove the milk from the coconut water. When you take it out of the refrigerator, keep in mind that you will only use the milk, so separate it.
- Prepare the mixture, you will have to join the coconut milk with the protein powder.
- It should be soft and buttery. Don’t worry if it’s a little liquid, just put it in the fridge and let it rest.
- Spread it on top of each pancake.
Step 3: Do the Topping
And finally, the chocolate topping made with honey and cocoa.
- Simply mix the three Ingredients, cocoa, honey and water.
- Mix until homogeneous.
- Place it on your pancake cake with the help of a tablespoon.