How we can eat healthy all day long
Whether you want to lose some weight or just want to thrive, adopting a healthy lifestyle can be the change you need to see (and feel) good results. Substituting foods made with natural, unrefined foods can seem like a difficult challenge, especially at first, but it will soon become an unconscious alternative. If you find it interesting to know what it’s about, or if you’re willing to eat healthy for a whole day, here’s what you should do:
In the morning
- Start the morning drinking wisely: after a sip of water, shoot your healthy plan with a green juice or hot water with lemon before breakfast. While hydrating with water, lemon works to compensate for the pH of your body and aids in digestion.
- Avoid sugar in your coffee: Unfortunately, your coffee with milk or cut coffee full of sugar is not a healthy alternative. It eliminates the sweetness and with it the calories, swelling and sagging that you can carry with you. Instead, opt for a strong, intense, sugar-free, caffeinated drink.
- Eliminate refined carbohydrates: Today they don’t touch croissants in the cafeteria! If you want to start your day with carbohydrates, make sure they are complex (like quinoa, oatmeal or sweet potatoes) and full of fiber. This will help both your digestion and your energy levels.
In the afternoon
- Choose green tea: over-stimulating yourself with lots of coffee can make you feel anxious and distracted, so exchange your second cup for green tea full of antioxidants. In addition to this, it contains catechin, which facilitates liver activity and increases the production of detoxifying enzymes.
- Out of seasoning: ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard… Whatever your favorite sauce, keep it well away from your healthy day. Focus on the fresh, natural flavor of flavored herbs or citrus to add extra flavors and food to your dish. If what you want is something buttery for your sandwich or salad, spread an avocado on the bread to favor your omega-three acid and fiber.
- Let the green come out: when it’s time for lunch and dinner, always add something green to your plate at all times. Serve spinach with yesterday’s leftovers or order a salad at your favorite restaurant. In this way, you will elevate the healthy content of your meals.
In the evening
- Skip the drink: with a portion of the sugar and superfluous calories present in each and every cocktail, alcohol can keep you awake and complicate your rest. Choose a natural non-alcoholic cocktail instead and enjoy with your friends without worries!
- Keep the dessert natural: you don’t have to say goodbye to all the sweets at the end of your meal, but you can choose a healthy and natural dessert instead of one full of sugar and additives. Choose a piece of fresh fruit with a bit of dark chocolate in its place to keep you loyal to your style.
- Always have water on your bedside table in all circumstances: hydration is key to sustaining a healthy lifestyle, and drinking water throughout the night helps to keep you energized and your head clear the day after. In addition to this, to ensure a good day, it is best to have had a good rest and have water ready to start the day off on the right foot.