Ideal activities to enjoy sport in the city
Now that it’s summer, the days are longer and it gets dark later. Therefore, it is the moment to start training in the street and take advantage of the fabulous weather that gives us this season of the year.
Forget for a while to continue long hours locked up in the gym and take advantage of the good weather to exercise outdoors, your body and your psyche will thank you. Some research suggests that the benefits of outdoor training are greater than those of training in the gym or other enclosed spaces. Now, we are going to know certain activities that you can practice in the city and be in shape always and at all times.
4 outdoor activities you can practice in the city
Do you like playing sports in the streets of your city? Then you will be interested in knowing this list of the best activities to practice in the city and enjoy the good weather:
- Running. Running around the city is considerably more pleasant and enjoyable than running on a treadmill looking at the wall, of that there is no doubt. Design a safe path through your city, taking advantage of roads and parks and avoiding concurrent traffic and avenues with crowds, and run alone, with your pet or any friend.
- Bicycle. If you’re more about pedalling than running, a great alternative is to take your bike out of the garage and go for an outdoor bike path. Always and at all times it is more enjoyable to observe the landscape than to pedal without moving from the place in a static bicycle of the gym. If you do it as a whole, the entertainment multiplies.
- Team sports. If you are fortunate enough to live in a riverside area, take advantage of the volleyball nets to organise matches or play football or tennis on the beach. If this is not your case, you can always and at all times take advantage of the football or basketball courts installed in the parks to do sports together. You can also go out together to skate.
- Create an exercise routine. If you want to continue your outdoor training program, help yourself from the benches of parks, trees and stairs to create an exercise routine that will let you continue strengthening your body. You can also take your mattress with you and do yoga or pilates exercises on the lawn in the park.
3 reasons why you’ll love training outdoors
And what are the primary benefits of training around the city? We clarify your doubts below:
- Better results. People feel more motivated and perform better when they train outdoors. It is more entertaining and pleasant to train outdoors because there is the possibility of doing activities and exercises different from those that are accustomed to doing in the gym. In addition, people are more likely to continue exercising outdoors in the long term than when they train in the gym. If these exercises are carried out together, then the probability increases even more.
- Liposoluble Vitamin D Increase. A large part of the world’s population suffers from liposoluble Vitamin D deficiency and day by day we leave realizing its importance in our health and disease prevention. Low levels of fat-soluble vitamin D are associated with low immunity, increased danger of multiple genders of cancer, cardiovascular disease, neurological and psychological disturbances, diabetes, hypertension and loss of bone tissue. The best way to synthesize the fat-soluble Vitamin D is through sun exposure, so outdoor training is a great option to increase the levels of this powerful vitamin.
- Variety of training. Training outdoors allows you to add a greater number of activities and movements that are generally not practiced in gyms due to space restrictions. This kind of training will assist you to improve your basic movements and work the whole body in different planes.