Is it better to run in winter or in summer?
Are you a runner? What do you prefer: running in summer or winter? Perhaps you prefer the two seasons, and if this is the case you will already know from your experience the differences between running in winter or summer. But, if you want to start running, you will have many questions that you will answer little by little, as for example: is it better to run in winter or in summer?
Which is better, running cold or hot?
You don’t need a lot of running experience to realize that running cold is completely different from running in summer because the weather conditions are not exactly the same. So, if you want to enjoy running in winter, you’re going to have to have good equipment to run cold. With convenient clothing and accessories there will be no cold or rain to resist you. The same is true if you want to run in summer: if you have the right preparation and equipment, your training will let you achieve your goals progressively.
Advantages of running in winter
A part of the clothes to run in winter, already before going out to run, you will need to become aware. You leave to face certain setbacks but we assure you that after a race in winter you feel really good. But this isn’t the only benefit of winter running:
- If you go out running cold the streets and landscapes are going to be practically for you.
- The skin of your countenance will be strengthened by contact with cold and physical exercise. But protect it with sunscreen already before going out to run or you could damage it.
- It’s not hot: this advantage is very obvious, but you won’t count on incessant external heat.
- You’ll be active in a season when we’re used to being more sedentary.
Advantages of running in summer
It seems that with the good weather our body is encouraged and asks us to go out to the street to perform activities. The desire to go out increases but don’t think that the excuses for not going out to run reduce. You see through the window the good day it is, but you already think about the heat you will go through, right? Well, forget it! Here we leave you certain advantages of running in summer:
- Running in company or in a group: throughout the summer people usually have more free time and it is simpler to be able to meet someone to go for a run.
- You’ll wear little running equipment so you’ll have maximum mobility and no stress.
- Enjoy the sunsets: during the summer months it is better to take advantage of the sunset to go out for a run. This way the temperatures are going to be a little lower. And you may live spectacular sunsets!
- What do you say about the shower after running in the summer? For many it is a very fair and pleasant moment, which is enjoyed to the limit.
As you can see, running in winter has its advantages, like running in summer. But locating when we run more at ease is only done through practice. Don’t get carried away by your prejudices and try first, you may be surprised and end up running in a season that you thought inconceivable.
We advise you not to stop running in any of the 2 seasons, especially if you are training to achieve a purpose. Otherwise, when you restart the activity, you’ll have to start practically from scratch and it’s going to take a lot of effort to match marks. You can reduce the number of days of training throughout the season in which it costs you more to run in summer or winter, or reduce the intensity, but don’t give up!