Content of the Article
Buttock exercises are one of the most sought-after categories among women, apart from abs and legs. The enormous amount of training aimed at these muscles makes strengthening them considerably simpler, but the execution of them is what we must take into consideration and what is of interest to us.
In this case in feelforfit we give you in detail the realization of one of the Top exercises for the buttocks, the elevation of hips with bench. It is possible to do this type of exercise with multiple accessories, such as the bar, kettlebells or resistance bands. We will specify the appropriate procedure for you, leaving it up to you to choose what you want to complement it with.
Step by Step
- You will first need to take a deep breath before you start the lift.
- The bank's support is right under the scapula.
- The legs should be slightly wider open than the hips and feet pointing outwards at 15°.
- Push through your heels, avoiding at all times the elevation of your feet.
- The bar rests right on the pubic bone and you will need to continue in that situation at all times. Do not allow the bar to go face forward or face backward.
- Make sure you reach the full extension of your hips. If he can't block the hips, it means you're not getting the right weight.
- The shins must be vertical at the top of the movement and the knees must be perpendicular to the feet.
- The rib cage is held face down throughout the entire movement to prevent the chest from arching, which will secure the spine.
- Lower the bar, holding the eccentric tension in the buttocks.
- Focus at all times on the buttocks at the moment of lifting, it is essential for the construction of the buttocks.
- Stay up for three to five seconds, this will build good habits.
Programming of hip lifts
Anywhere from 1-four days a week is recommended. If you do one hip lift session a week, you will need to supplement it with other exercises to achieve more volume. If they are done 4 days a week, try to do two series every day. A popular alternative is to do a routine of few repetitions with a heavy bar, a number of normal single-leg repetitions and many repetitions with the option of resistance bands.
Series and Repetitions
There are dozens of series schemes and reiterations for this exercise, but we have created these for you:
- 3 sets of 5
- 1 set of five, 1 set of three, 1 set of 1
- 1 set of eight, 1 set of five, 1 set of 3
- 3 sets of 8
- 4 sets of 10
- 2 sets of twenty-30
- 1 set of 50
- 3 series with a maximum of repetitions with exactly the same load
- 50 reiterations in sum with a certain load, completing as many series as you can.
Discover a variation on this exercise with Michelle Lewin