Plan your 10-minute routine for days without a gym
Do you have no time to go to training today? do you want to go out and you want to train at home today? are you traveling and can’t attend the gym? Stop worrying, because you need very little to stay in shape with some exercise. With this ten-minute routine for days without a gym, there’s no apology!
Ten minutes is a long time and, in this short period of time, you can set up an easy routine that doesn’t require a huge amount of training space or sports machines and accessories. If you exercise frequently and the day you don’t practice it seems like you are missing something, have your“express” routine ready for the days without gym.
6 exercises to train over ten minutes
Ideally, a ten-minute routine should include a variety of exercises with which you can combine cardio training with the work of the large muscle groups: legs, arms and core. In this time you can, in addition to this, include alterations of rhythm and intensity between the different series you do. Another option, if you’re in great physical shape, is to spend four of those ten minutes practicing the Tabata training method (eight exercises at high intensity intervals of twenty seconds, plus ten seconds of rest between them).
Choose the option that suits you best without losing sight of your goals and plan your ten-minute home training routine combining certain of the following exercises:
- Stepping. If you have a ladder, even if it’s just a few steps, you can now spend a minute doing this aerobic exercise that will help you burn fat and strengthen your legs.
- Knees to the chest. After about thirty seconds of rest from the previous exercise, you can continue with the cardio and do a series of knee-jump jumps to your chest. If it is too hard for you, lift one knee first and then the other without jumping.
- Squats. Two to three series of between six and eight repetitions are sufficient to work thoroughly on the whole musculature, especially your buttocks. Do the squat with your legs slightly apart and holding the wood forward and your back straight. Estimated time: between one and a half and 2 minutes.
- Crunches. Don’t forget to include them in your routine for days without a gym if you want to hold at bay the fat that seems to have a preference for settling into your belly and hips. You have different kinds of abs and you will have to choose the one that demands the right effort. You can make them, for example, with the help of a chair, leaning your heels on the seat and lifting the log and, if you want a more difficult one, try the abdominal cruch, lying on the floor on your back with your knees bent and your hands behind your neck, raise the log to 45º.
- Stride. Also work on the flexibility and power of your legs with this easy exercise which, as its name suggests, consists of moving one leg forward, flexing the knee while the other continues to stretch. You can make the strides with or without jumping and take advantage of this to make”rebounds” that work quadriceps and abductors, especially those of the leg that you hold extended.
- Arms. Don’t forget to include in your routine concrete movements to strengthen the muscles of your arms, avoiding the appearance of the feared flaccidity. Do 1 or 2 sets of extensions (chest opening to also work pectorals) and if you want to strengthen your biceps, finish with some curls with extra weight. A few books or a kilogram bag (rice, pasta….) will fit you perfectly like dumbbells.
How to plan your ten-minute routine
To do your routine, choose a minimum of three and a maximum of five exercises from the ones we have proposed and distribute the free time (ten minutes). Calculate two to three minutes for each of them (it will depend on the number of series and repetitions you do) and don’t forget that it is essential to rest between series and exercises.
If you have not been able to go to the gym and you have ten minutes, as you can see, you can do a complete training at home that will make you stay in shape and not have any regrets about missing your session at the gym.