Running or spinning: which sport is better for losing weight?
Do you want to lose weight but don’t know which sport to choose, Running or Spinning? Surely on more than one occasion you have heard that spinning is an ideal activity to lose weight and burn many more calories… Is it better than running?
In this article we want to clarify your doubts and discover which sport is better to lose weight: spinning or running? You should know that, in both disciplines, it is possible to consume an endless number of calories and, consequently, to burn fat, consequently, both are ideal for losing weight. However, we will now look at this issue in detail and assist you in meeting your goals.
Spinning and Running, ideal for losing weight
It is true that if you want to know which sport is best for losing weight you must take into consideration that, the 2, are exercises of high cardiovascular intensity and, therefore, will help you burn fat.
But in order to lose weight it is not so essential which of the two you choose as the intensity with which you practice the exercises. Spinning is a class directed in which a master will set the rhythm and, consequently, its purpose is to spend calories and strengthen the body.
Running, however, tends to be a more individual exercise in which you are going to be the one who sets the pace. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you mark yourself an intensive workout with intervals if you want to lose weight.
How do you lose weight with Running?
However, to answer your question as to whether spinning is better or running to lose weight we must say that, if we look only at the sport, running is subtly better. The reason is that, when we run, we activate a greater quantity of muscles and, in addition to this, our body endures the strides that we make when we advance.
Spinning, on the other hand, is an exercise carried out on a bicycle and, for this reason, the musculature that is worked on at its maximum is that located in the lower part of the body.
Therefore, it is possible to lose weight by running successfully, as we have already said, what is truly valid is the genre of intensity and training to which you submit the body. It will be of little use to spend 1 hour running at the same speed, the ideal is to change rhythms and demanding your body care.
How can Spinning help you lose weight?
As we can see, although running is the best sport to lose weight, it also implies an enormous will power and an enormous motivation to go out to run. Essentially because you’re going to be the one to set the pace and design the training to follow.
On the other hand, if you opt for spinning always and at all times it will be a master who sets the rhythm, intensity and speed of the march. They are classes that are directed and focused to progress our physical and sports performance.
This is the main reason why, nowadays, spinning achieves better results than running: fundamentally because one of the advantages of practicing Spinning is that the classes are directed by a fitness specialist who knows how to exercise the body perfectly.
Essential tips for losing weight with Running or Spinning
Now that we’ve cleared up your doubts about which sport is best for losing weight, it’s time to take a break and give you some tips that will help you accomplish your purpose. We give you some recommendations to lose weight with Spinning or Running:
- Find yourself a gym buddy: there’s not only a motivator to go to the gym with someone you know. It will help you overcome vagrancy and make your visits to the gym a social act.
- Choose Spinning if you don’t like the sport in general: if you’re not very passionate about the sport, it’s best to opt for spinning. Essentially due to the fact that, being a guided class, it will be more entertaining and entertaining than running on the treadmill or on the street.
- Intercala intensities: if you want to lose weight, there’s nothing better than betting on an exercise that intersperses different intensities. It is much better to go up and down the pace and be thirty minutes than to spend an hour training at the same pace.
to Slimming in the Gym – Nutrition for Athletes
What you’ll find in the book:
- 10 Chapters with all the information about the athlete’s nutrition and diet.
- Recipes for dishes that will help you lose fat.
- Selection of the most advisable foods for practising sport
- Tables and routines of exercises by muscle groups
- PDF format