Content of the Article
Do you want to lose weight but don't know which sport to choose, Running or Spinning? Surely on more than one occasion you have heard that spinning is an ideal activity to lose weight and burn many more calories... Is it better than running?
In this article we want to clarify your doubts and discover which sport is better for losing weight: spinning or running? You should know that, in both disciplines, you can consume a lot of calories and, therefore, burn fat, so both are ideal for weight loss. However, we will now analyse this issue in detail and help you to achieve your objectives.
Spinning and Running, ideal for weight loss
It is true that if you want to know which sport is best for losing weight you should take into consideration that both are exercises of high cardiovascular intensity and, therefore, will help you burn fat.
But in order to lose weight, it is not as essential which of the two you choose as the intensity with which you practice the exercises. Spinning is a guided class in which a teacher will set the pace for you and therefore aims to spend calories and strengthen your body.
Running, however, is usually a more individual exercise in which you are going to be the one who sets the pace. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you schedule an intensive training session at intervals if you wish to lose weight.
How to lose weight with Running?
However, to answer your question of whether spinning is better or running to lose weight, we must say that if we look only at the sport modality, running is tenuously better. The reason is that, when we run, we activate more muscles and, in addition to this, our body endures the strides we make when we advance.
Spinning, on the other hand, is an exercise carried out on a bicycle and, for this reason, the maximum amount of muscle worked is that located in the lower part of the body.
Therefore, it is possible to lose weight by running more successfully, as we have already said, what is truly valid is the kind of intensity and training to which you subject the body. It will do you little good to spend 1 hour running at the same speed, the best thing is to change rhythms and demand your body care.
How can Spinning help you lose weight?
As we can see, although running is the best sport to lose weight, it also implies enormous willpower and motivation to go out and run. Essentially because you're going to be the one who's going to set the pace and design the training to continue.
On the other hand, if you opt for spinning always and in all circumstances it will be a master who establishes the rhythm, intensity and speed of the walk. They are classes that are directed and focused to prosper our physical and sports performance.
This is the main reason why spinning currently achieves better results than running: fundamentally because one of the advantages of practicing Spinning is that the classes are led by a fitness specialist who knows how to exercise the body in an unbeatable way.
Essential tips for losing weight with Running or Spinning
Now that we've cleared up your doubts about which sport is best for losing weight, it's time to stop and give yourself some advice that will help you accomplish your purpose. We give you some recommendations for losing weight with Spinning or Running:
- Find a gym buddy: there's not only motivation to go to the gym with someone you know. It will help you to overcome laziness and make your visits to the gym a social event.
- Choose Spinning if you don't like sport in general: if you're not very passionate about sport, it's best to opt for spinning. Essentially because, being a guided class, you will find it more entertaining and enjoyable than running on the treadmill or in the street.
- Interchange intensities: if you want to lose weight, there is nothing better than betting on an exercise that combines different intensities. It is much better to go up and down and spend 30 minutes than to spend 1 hour training at the same pace.
Slimming Guide to the Gym - Sports Nutrition
What you'll find in the book:
- 10 chapters with all the information about the nutrition and food of the athlete
- Recipes for dishes that will help you lose fat.
- Selection of the most advisable foods to practice sports
- Exercise tables and routines for muscle groups
- PDF format