Tips for preparing to warm up for flexing
Push-ups are a kind of exercise that helps us to strengthen the body in an almost totalitarian way. It is a static exercise and is covered in the training known as “Calistenia”, that is, it helps you strengthen your body without just using your weight.
In this article we want to give you the best tips for preparing to warm up for push-ups as, just like any other type of exercise, when you start doing crunches or push-ups you have to de-enchumise your muscles to avoid injuries.
How to warm up before flexing
Warming up is a practice that you should always do at all times before you start training. This is an easy and gentle routine that aims to activate your muscles and are ready for the exercise you are about to perform.
Even if it seems to you that push-ups are not a kind of exercise that requires previous warm-ups, the truth is that it is. This is a very intense exercise that helps to strengthen the whole body almost completely and, therefore, it is essential that we warm it up to avoid any injury or a muscle failure or joint.
Here are some of the best warm-up exercises for doing push-ups:
1. Warm up your wrists before doing push-ups.
Push-ups (or lizards) are a type of exercise where there is strong pressure on the wrists and therefore it is advisable to warm up before training. Ideally, thirty seconds should be dedicated to each one to make sure that you are going to exercise safely and healthily.
To warm up your wrists properly for push-ups, you will simply need to continue these steps:
- Move the 2 dolls in unison by drawing circles in the air.
- You have to move them face inside and outside so that they heat up completely.
- Change the direction of movement so that the entire joint is in perfect condition.
2. Warming up the arms to do push-ups
Another of the extremities that we will use along the accomplishment of the flexions are going to be the arms and, therefore, it is also very advisable that the warm ones. There are countless exercises designed to prepare the arms before the flexions, however, we are going to propose one of them:
- Raises arm face up and bends elbow
- Put your elbow next to your head.
- With the opposite hand, press the elbow so that the muscle is stretched to the maximum.
- Hold on in this situation for twenty seconds.
- Now, change your arm and do exactly the same exercise.
This exercise is very simple to do and will help your muscles to be ready to support the weight of the push-ups.
3. Steps to warm the shoulders to do push-ups
When we do push-ups, the shoulders will also be very involved in the movement of the body since they support a large part of our weight. Therefore, it is also an area that we will have to warm up already before doing flexions to obtain that they are in perfect conditions.
One of the perfect exercises for warming up the shoulders even before doing push-ups is as follows:
- Stand up and join your hands on the back of your back, next to the back.
- In this situation, move your shoulders back and, when you reach the limit, stay for ten seconds.
- Now, you’re going to move your shoulders forward and, when you reach the limit, you’re going to have to endure ten seconds as well.
4. Warming up the neck to avoid pain after flexions
It is also highly recommended that you choose to heat the neck and cervical area because it also withstands enormous stress. For this reason, in the same way as warming up to do abdominals, you should do an exercise uniquely designed to work this area and avoid overloading it. One of the best exercises to warm up the neck before doing push-ups is the one shown below:
- Stand on the mat with your back straight.
- Now, move your neck face to the right and hold it for ten seconds.
- Take it now to the left for another ten seconds.
- Now, move it face down and wait ten seconds.
- And, finally, wear it face up and let it stretch well for ten more seconds.