Content of the Article
On this occasion we have decided to translate into Spanish the interview with the fitness model Siliana Chanel Gaspard, conducted by Simplyshredded.com, for the fact that it is not only interesting to discover her principles and training, but also the story and the change that her body tested from the beginning. Siliana, twenty-five years old, one hundred and sixty-five centimetres tall and fifty-five kilos, tells us how she began to build her body.
How were your beginnings?
After the birth of my son, I decided I wanted to get in shape. I had gained a normal amount of weight during my pregnancy - about 18 kg or so - but I still felt like I needed to do something about it. So I decided to take things seriously and contacted a personal trainer. From the beginning, and naturally, he made me work with heavyweights, and when I started to see the results, I was already hooked on the subject.
In May of two thousand eleven I decided that I wanted to compete for the first time, and in this way I did it in the NPC, the Branch Warren Classic, in July of that year. I got my act together and managed to finish second in my class. I loved the accomplishment and seeing how far it had come. So, shortly after, I participated in the Europe Dallas two thousand eleven, and I won General Biquini. So I went to the North American Tournaments in Cleveland, where I did third place. When I returned home, I took the general classification in Texas, crowning myself Miss Biquini Texas two thousand eleven. My second attack was in the NPC Team Universe, where I did fourth. And in two thousand twelve I validated my general title and Miss Biquini Texas two thousand twelve.
If you had to choose three exercises, what would they be and why?
1. Dead weight: I'm close to making a free dead weight with one hundred and forty kg. and I feel like I'm about to make it, with so much weight. And for not talking about how good this hamstring and lower back workout is.
2. Squats: Again, I have managed to do this exercise at a weight of one hundred and forty kg. (and one hundred and eighty kg with Smith machine), so I am happy to be able to do pump squats. And, of course, it is an excellent exercise for legs and core.
Loaded and Press: An enormous exercise generally, which not only works for the upper body, but also for the core and legs, if you squat on the loaded ones. These are the basic exercises to train the core, but they can impressively influence the different muscle sets if done properly, so I can say that they are my favorite exercises.
What is your diet?
It is easy and"clean". And I employ exactly the same philosophy as with my training. I simply listen to my body. If I have an appetite, I eat. If I don't have one, I don't eat. It's that simple!
- Meal 1: Egg whites with English wheat breads or oatmeal
- Meal 2: Turkey and lettuce
- Meal 3: Nut snack
- Meal 4: Lean fish (tilapia or orange roughy) and cucumbers
- Meal 5: Nut snack
- Meal 6: Chicken breast or protein shake
When it comes to burning, what do you prefer, HIIT training or just cardio?
Definitely HIIT training. In my view, this is the best way to reduce, burn and remove fat.
What supplements do you take?
- Optimum Nutrition Platinum, for pre-training
- HydroWhey protein shake, for after training
- Fish oil
- Thermo Cuts
Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity", by John F. Kennedy, which could translate into: Physical dexterity is not only one of the most essential keys to a healthy body, but it is the basis of creative and dynamic intellectual activity.
Interview translated by feelforfit. Original source: simplyshredded.com