Content of the Article
Haven't you heard of Calisthenics yet? This is a sports training genre that is based on taking advantage of your own body weight to tone and strengthen the body without the need for weights. It is one of the most revolutionary methods available today as long as it allows you to work your muscles without leaving home.
In this article we're going to show you what calisthenics is with four exercises to do with your weight. An easy and practical way to strengthen your silhouette from home.
What exactly is Calisthenics?
Before we talk about the exercises to do with your weight it is essential that we understand what Calisthenics is. This is a training procedure based on strengthening and strengthening the muscles of the body. For this purpose,"calisthenic" exercises are carried out, i.e. exercises for which no weights or equipment of any kind are required.
Calisthenics takes advantage of the body's weight to work on its muscle groups and achieve progress in strength and other aspects such as agility, power and flexibility. These exercises can be done simply at home and, for this, you hardly need any material. What is essential is that you have a space to be able to move around and do the activity simply and comfortably.
Exercise routines with your weight: ideal for you!
Now that you know exactly what calisthenics is, we're going to show you four exercises to do with your weight and with which you'll be able to work on specific muscle groups. Here we leave you with the easiest ones so that you can enjoy the advantages of calisthenics more, at the same time, more effective that you will be able to add in your training at home or in the gym:
Push ups or push-ups
The exercise known as"push-ups" or"push-ups" is a 100% calisthenics exercise. This is an activity that puts your whole body to work without requiring more material than your dead weight, apart from being one of the basic exercises to start doing Calisthenics. To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
- Stand face down on the floor with your hands on your chest and shoulders.
- Spread your legs slightly, at the level of your hips.
- Lift your body face up and then slowly down face down without touching the ground.
If you find that it is difficult, you can rest your knees on the floor and only lower the area of the wood. Do three sets of ten repetitions and you will be able to work all your muscles.
The iron, ideal for strengthening the abdomen
If you want to have a scandalous tummy, nothing better than doing another of the best exercises to do with your weight. It's about the iron, the best calisthenics exercises to work your abs and, to do it, you're going to have to follow these steps:
- Stand on your stomach on the mat.
- Place your arms at shoulder level and gently move your legs away.
- Raise your body until it is parallel to the ground.
- Hold on in this situation for 30 seconds.
Ideally, you should support yourself for 30 seconds, rest and lift your body for a further 30 seconds until you fill three sets. Over time, you will be able to endure more time while your endurance increases.
The bridge, an ideal exercise for the buttocks
If you want to strengthen your buttocks with Calisthenics exercises, nothing better than doing the bridge exercise. In order to narrow your buttocks and legs, you will need to follow these easy steps:
- Lie on your back on the mat.
- Place your arms stretched out beside your body and relax.
- Bend your knees and gently move your legs away, resting the soles of your feet on the ground.
- Now, you're going to have to subtly raise your ass face up, just as if you wanted to touch the ceiling.
- Then, it slowly lowers the body and, without touching the ground, it goes up again face up.
You will have to repeat this exercise fifteen times in three series in order to get the buttocks muscles working well.
Squats with jumps
And we end up talking about another of the best exercises of Calisthenics that you will be able to do in an easy way from home. To get started in Body Weight Training, we'll continue with these steps:
- Stand with your legs slightly bent and apart from each other.
- Now, you are going to have to lower your body face down, holding your back straight at all times.
- Face down where you can and then start standing up again.
- When you are fully upright, you will have to jump face up and, when you get down on the floor, regain your initial posture to begin with a new reiteration.
This exercise combines cardio and toning at the same time and is therefore ideal for chiselling your body and making you feel more comfortable and healthy.