What is the best option for cardio training: elliptical or treadmill?
It is clear to all of us that cardio is an essential fact when exercising and especially if the goal is to lose weight. But an enormous doubt for many of us at the time of starting this process is, how do we achieve it, what kind of machinery should I use to achieve my goal?
If we ask most people who train, what are their favorite cardio machines, probably the 2 most pronounced would be the treadmill and the elliptical. Therefore, bearing in mind that countless people in their gym sessions use these 2 types, we will explain in detail the disadvantages and advantages of each one, so that you can choose the option that best suits you or your goal.
First of all, when we talk about this plot we must accept that it offers a “package” of multiple exercises, you can walk, jog, run or sprint, which is incredible.
- Having the option of so many exercises, transforms it into an alternative to be able to do multiple genres of different trainings.
- The possibility to adjust the inclination makes your training harder or more demanding.
- Because your feet don’t stay planted all the time, more calories are burned compared to the elliptical.
- You’ll improve your endurance skills.
- Your joints suffer more with the treadmill than with the elliptical, especially your knees.
- You don’t use the upper part of your body, which you do with the elliptic.
- When it comes to maintenance, if you want a machine like this at home, you’ll need to know that it needs more than your other option.
After we’ve seen the pros and cons of the treadmill, now is the time for the elliptical.
- Your joints have less impact, your knees, joints, hips, and generally the joints will be healthier.
- Include the activity in the upper part of your body, thanks to the grip of your hands. You really don’t just move your arms, you’re also going to work your shoulders and back.
- Multiple movements, you can use the elliptical to the contrary, with the pedal face back. Working the calf muscles this way.
- There is no possibility of injury, is a safe machine, where you get fixed movements, you can not injure yourself in any way.
- Elliptical treadmills usually take up less space than treadmills.
- The movement of this machine is fixed, it can increase the resistance, but the movement is held exactly the same way. That’s why it’s simpler to raise your heart rate on the treadmill.
- Because of these reasons, the elliptical is somewhat less efficient than the treadmill when it comes to burning calories.
Based on the above, we conclude that the perfect thing would be to use the treadmill on those days when you only do cardio and elliptical just after doing your strength training, finally your day.
But the most essential thing is that you feel good with the machine you use, if there are certain 2 for which you have preference, do not hesitate, make your training in that, the essential thing is that the realization of the exercise is as pleasant as possible.