Which is better: to train alone or with others?
Generally, there are 2 ways to practice sports: individual or group. If we practice it alone, your performance depends solely on our strength, both mentally and physically. When we are accompanied, the strategy and coping capacity predominate in the final success of the activity. But do you know which of the two ways is considered best for health? Let’s learn about the benefits of training alone or in company and see which one best suits your lifestyle.
According to some highly-recognized personal trainers, physical exercises, both alone and together, are unbeatable for health, but each one of them produces particular challenges, whether it is to overcome you or your opponents.
Playing sports with friends can be a great way to achieve the common goal of getting fit. Learn the advantages of training together now.
The advantages of training together that will surprise you
If you are wondering what are the pros and cons of training together, we will solve your doubts. Discover the benefits of training together below:
- Motivation. When you have friends to share your workout with, that day when you’re reluctant to train may be the reason you’re so careful and don’t miss your session.
- Competition. In a healthy way, your friends and you can bet to see who reaches?x? number of repetitions, runs more kilometers or lifts more weight in some exercise.
- More entertaining day. Nothing like a good chat to distract us and relax us from our daily burdens. Apart from the advantages of training, you will be able to share with your friends the inconveniences of work or studies, also providing you with a therapeutic advantage.
- A desire to improve. Since sometimes it’s no laughing matter to accomplish our goal, doing activities together can prevent you from giving up or becoming discouraged on your way to your goal, since continuing with your friends until the end of the activity will also be included in the goal.
- Commitment. In the case that you practice collective sports such as football, volleyball or basketball, for example, you will always and under all circumstances have a psyche that you can not stop training so that your team is not incomplete.
The advantages of training alone that you should know about
And what if you prefer to train alone? These are the main advantages of training alone and should be taken into account:
- Schedule. As your commitment is only to yourself, in case you can’t go to training in the morning, the afternoon or evening will be an alternative option without justifying yourself to anyone else.
- No distraction. Choose good music to listen to and practice your exercises quietly. Without any strange conversations or distractions, you will be able to conclude what you set out to do in due course.
- Freedom. In the event that you go for a run or a walk, you are free to simply move the places where you want to go. In the end, we all have days when we want to breathe new airs and know new paths.
- Thoughts of the day. You will have more time with yourself and you will be able to organize your thoughts and activities better every day. There’s nothing like keeping up with our psyche so that things flow in the right way, is there?
- Intensity. When you exercise alone, you will have the intensity of the exercise according to your needs and predisposition. As you are not accompanied, you can change the intensity and rhythm at the moment you feel most comfortable.
Remember that exercise is essential to sustain our well-being and is recommended at least 3 times a week. According to the WHO, regular physical activities have the function of delaying and preventing the development of chronic diseases, giving a better quality of life to those who practice it.