Content of the Article
There's no denying the healthy benefits of high quality sushi. The type of sushi we can find in the best Japanese restaurants around the world. The truth is that most of the sushi consumed today is not of that standard. The truth is that what is currently being consumed is usually the most affordable and fastest-selling plurality you can find in most district restaurants or places that prepare it"to go".
In case you don't know, sushi can be a high carbohydrate meal with virtually no protein or vegetables, leaving you hungry and wanting more sugar after eating it.
We want to show you what are certain details to appreciate before you decide to eat the exquisite scroll to which certain are addicted:
- The rice in the sushi is made with sugar and rice vinegar. That's 2 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar per 2 cups of rice. About the carbohydrate content equals 2 slices of white bread.
- The type of rice used for sushi is short grain which increases blood sugar levels.
- The amounts of protein in sushi are very small. The recommended amount of protein in each and every meal is about the size of the palm of your hand. So you should eat lots of sushi to get the right amount, without taking into account how much rice you would eat.
- As we have previously mentioned, its low protein and fat content makes you feel less satiated, which means that you have to consume more sugar immediately after eating sushi.
- Rice contains high amounts of salt, rice is made with salt, and soy sauce contains a lot of salt, which is another factor against it.
- Some California rolls have crab sticks that are obviously not natural but rather processed.
- Avoid any fried foods, such as tempura that is fried in vegetable oil,
- Avoid teriyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise, as they are high in sugar.
- Soya can be eaten occasionally, but as it contains wheat, there are people with intolerances.
- Above all, it is essential to avoid refined products such as tofu, soya oil and soya milk, which are often genetically modified. There is a huge debate about whether the genetically modified product is good or bad. My primary concern is that if soy products are healthy because of the amount of estrogen they give us. Estrogens are a female hormone that in the case of women is highly recommended at times of menopause to avoid hormonal imbalance. But an excess in other seasons is not recommended, as is the case with men, since estrogens can have a non-recommended effect on our body. It is true that small amounts of hormones are advisable to maintain a perfect balance in the body, but we should never overdo it.
More rules to follow:
- Eat more sashimi instead of sushi.
- In the restaurants that leave it, he asks them to make the rolls with less rice or without.
- In Spain it is not common but in other places they do it with brown rice.
- Protein Sources: Salmon and raw tuna are the best things about Japanese restaurants.
- Restaurants that are always full and full in all circumstances tend to have more rotation and thus ensure you have fresh food.
If you would like to be able to make a fit version of the appreciated and novel sushi, here is a recipe that we simply change the ingredients -unhealthy- for certain that they are. You dare to try it?
- Change the rice for lettuce or maybe Quinoa.
- Wrap the roll in rice paper
- Red pepper
- Red onion
- Toasted sesame
- Salmon or Tuna