Content of the Article
Yoga at home or outdoors? This is a question that many people ask themselves when they want to start practicing yoga. The truth is that there is no single answer because, depending on what you are looking for, it will be better to choose one discipline or another.
However, in the article we will assist you to solve your doubts and, in this way, you will be able to know if yoga at home or yoga outdoors is more suitable for you. Here we will analyze the benefits of each practice so that you can choose your best option.
Main benefits of doing yoga at home
There are quite a few people who want to start doing yoga at home. The reason for selecting home training is that they can begin to learn certain of the basic yoga postures ("asanas") and also begin in this amazing cosmos.
So, yoga at home can be a good way to break the ice and try yoga for the first time. Apart from the tips for doing yoga at home on your own, it also has many interesting benefits like the following:
- Free exercise or cheaper exercise: if you choose to practice yoga at home, one of the most obvious benefits is that your training will be free or, at least, cheaper than going to class or going to a gym. Nowadays there are a lot of videos and tutorials on the Internet that will help you to discover yoga in an easy and economical way.
- Ideal for the winter: yoga at home will also let you stay indoors on days when it's cold outside. Besides this, it is a good shelter in case of drizzle or a lot of wind while the temperature in this time of year can be really variable.
- For a beginner level: in addition to this, starting to practice it at home will let you get into the practice of this discipline and test yourself to see if you are good at it or not.
- At your pace: by being comfortable and peaceful at home, you will be able to adapt your training and yoga classes as you wish and at your own pace.
Advantages of practicing yoga outdoors
However, there are quite a few people who prefer to do yoga outdoors. The reason for this is that this practice lets you be in greater contact with nature and with the energy of the environment.
But you will have to practice yoga in a natural, relaxed and quiet space to truly connect with your inner self. The beach, the mountains or a park far from the city centre are ideal options for this.
Below, we will offer you a list with each and every one of the benefits of doing yoga outdoors so that you can see what values you value if you are more interested in this modality:
- You'll activate all five senses: doing yoga every morning outdoors will bring your whole body into contact with the outside world. In other words, you're going to feel the wind, you're going to feel the ground, you're going to get soaked in the smells.... Therefore, your body and psyche will be in greater connection.
- Optimal concentration: It will also be easier for you to concentrate because, when you leave your home and start doing yoga, your body will be more in tune with your surroundings and in a different space.
- More oxygenation: Another of the advantages of outdoor yoga is that your body gets more oxygen thanks to the fact that the air you breathe will be cleaner and the energy will flow better than in an enclosed space, as is the case at home.
- In touch with more energy: your body will be surrounded continuously by natural energies as well as living beings, therefore, it is a good way to get in tune with the cosmos and stop being centered only on you.
Therefore, if you want to know if it is better to do yoga at home or outdoors, the answer will depend only on you and your preferences. We encourage you to try the two disciplines and to intersperse them since, as you have seen, both have very positive and advantageous effects.